Thursday, January 19, 2012

स्मरणं ! Aka Remembering


 While I look forward to my upcoming trip to Costa Rica this spring I can't help but reminisce the  indescribable beauty of the tulips in Seattle I was lucky to visit last spring with some good friends. I knew then that the memory of an ecstatic experience in nature will sustain throughout life and bring joy for years .. 


Just as the bird sings or the butterfly soars, because it is his natural characteristic, so the artist works.
  ~ Alma Gluck


Courtesy: Aarthi's photography
Seeing these tulip pictures makes me still feel their wonderful presence around me, I hope it does for the chance blog readers too !
While I joyfully reveled in the beauty of these wonderful tulips William WordsWorth's poem Daffodils was stuck in my mind for a long time. I could not have better appreciated this poem of his until this experience. I felt like he had raced ahead of me in time and expressed my thoughts through his poem. Whilst being a poem appreciator then, I make this below attempt now to be an amateur poet :)! Though may not be as expressive as him and his work, I feel this is still worth something to be posted on my blog!


Spreading their wonderful  wings, and
Flying in air amongst colorful tulips, and
Gliding; That is their favorite pastime
Definitely not a waste of time

Fluttering amidst nature's gardens 
Wonderful creations nurtured by god
That's what beautiful butterflies do
For being happy without much ado!

 
Whilst I relive the memory in my mind's eye
                                           
I dreamed I was a butterfly, floating amongst these tulips
then reality hit me, and now I wonder
Am I a woman who dream t of being a butterfly, or 
Am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a woman? 
 
                                                              ~ True "Mockai" Artist Vidya  


3 comments:

  1. how about a rose among the tulips :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahaaa .. this is too much .. but I take it as a compliment backBencher, so thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. @backBencher We all have a rose within us :). Now that it is spring time, guess it's just the right time for it to bloom within us:). Chk this out:
      http://motivatingspirit.blogspot.com/2011/04/rose-within-us.html

      Delete