Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Game of life ...

As I look back the years that came and went I am beginning to better understand the fact that life need not always be predictable. Even though we can plan life to a certain extent there need not always be any guarantee that life would turn out to be the way we had planned.




Life is like a journey through these woods. The journey may be windy and dark sometimes. But there is always light in the end and part of the excitement lies in not knowing what lies ahead of us :).


 Quoting these below words comparing life to a game I read elsewhere that caught my attention

In normal games there is a winner and a loser. We play against an opponent. In the game of life there is only one opponent and it is us. We win and lose against ourselves. Whenever we win we go up one level where we encounter a different self to play against. Going up levels does not require conquering dragons. Even if you resist a temptation you have won a point. When you overcome a resistance you win another. Character building gets more points than mere knowledge. Service to others takes us to higher levels than the seeking of personal pleasure. Dispelling ignorance earns very high bonuses. 

Celebrating new years this year prompted me to write this post I guess.  We all know New Years day is celebrated widely across the world. Life would indeed be a lifelong celebration if we all had the spirit and enthusiasm of taking each day as a new years day :).








 I do not know what each day of this new year has in store for me...






but I am sure that the experiences I would gather would be as colorful as the sparks inside these firecrackers .  
And yea,  part of the excitement lies in figuring out the unknown like us here                  ---------------->

blissfully unaware of what might turn out from the box of firecracker we had in our hand :).

Wish you all a wonderful new year 2012 :) !

No comments:

Post a Comment