Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Paasamalar Times Aka Sibling bonding ...

Paasamalar was an old Indian movie depicting a lot of sentimental love between a brother and a sister. I would say, the amount of drama done by me and my brother in Austin,TX rightly earned us that title/nickname amongst his friends.

Am sure anyone with a genuinely loving sibling would agree with me on this one. Having a sibling is indeed a unique relationship. Especially if they are around a similar age group for the extent to which they can relate and unconditionally guide you.  I feel like sometimes we never realise or tend to take people who really care for us the most for granted. 

Of all the many many gifts my brother has unconditionally given me I feel like the words on this card below is what I would cherish the most :). I wish I had the bird feathers from the NCC cap he had saved for me in the tiffin box way back home.But I do remember vividly the day he handed them to me after returning from the rigorous camp.




Honestly, sometimes I wonder who has been a better sibling between the two of us.



I feel at times our genuine love towards each other has sometimes even gotten our parents jealous ;) . I feel like I am blessed with a brother who has been more than a brother any sister could have ever dreamed of and sometimes I do not even know if I truly realise the difference his presence has truly made in my life.

I feel like inventing this below quote now :)

Behind every successful sister there is an even more successful brother saying she is wrong

And since these words are coming from the sister am sure the brother would magnanimously correct the statement like below ..
Behind every successful brother there is an even more successful sister saying he is wrong :P .

I am writing this post in a spirit of brotherly love for Valentines day. And yea, I do take the pleasure of embarrassing him many times  ;). But hey, what else are sisters for :P.

Dear brother,
This might sound silly, and I know I might have said/done real mean things to you, not realising your value. But all I can say is I find it hard to thank you/appreciate you for the little things that you say and do for me. I may loose the ipod you gave me long back but the words "Apple of my eye" engraved in its back, will be engraved in my memory for ever.  I hope to never take you for granted ever.Am glad am finally getting to write this post out :).
                                                                                                             As Always
                                                                                              A silly loving little sister :)

No comments:

Post a Comment